Bread maker problems

"Dick Carlton" <carlton@wave.net>
Sun, 16 Oct 2005 07:48:16 -0700
v105.n044.1
Recently my wife inherited an Oster Breadmaker which was practically
new. Unfortunately the instruction book was missing. I called the
Oster (Sunbeam) Customer Service number that I found on the net and
they promptly sent a replacement book, at no charge. It was then that
we noticed that the paddle was stuck on the shaft and no amount of
pulling with the hands would release it. The instructions advised
against using any metal tools in the bowl so again I contacted the
Customer Service Department. They advised me to pour white vinegar
into the bowl, just enough to cover the paddle, and let it soak there
until it would release. Every so often I would manually try to remove
the paddle to no avail until I left the vinegar in overnight and that
did the trick. The Oster Customer Service people were wonderful with their help.