saying goodbye

Valerie Mates <bbd@unixmama.com>
Mon, 26 Sep 2005 10:53:00 -0400
v105.n041.20
Hi -- It's Valerie Mates.  I've been on the Bread Bakers' list for 10
or 15 years, and I'm the person who did the design of the
bread-bakers.com website.

You know how people show up in the group from time to time and ask
how to make bread without using wheat, rye, barley, and oats, because
someone they know just got diagnosed with celiac disease and still
wants to be able to eat bread?  Well... I've recently found out that
my three-year-old daughter and I have celiac disease, and it's
looking possible that all of us in my family may have it.  So, I've
given away my flour and my well-used old bread machine (an ancient
Zojirushi that I bought from the late Mr. Irwin Franzel on the Bread
Bakers' list), and I'm moving on to a new life of
much-less-satisfying bread -- and hopefully improved health.

I've really enjoyed the Bread Bakers e-mail list for the years I was
on it, so I wanted to say goodbye to you before I go.

Good luck in your future pursuits, and happy baking!

-Valerie
Valerie Mates, Web Developer
http://www.valeriemates.com
valerie@unixmama.com