Bread Pudding

Betty Scoggins <betty@airmail.net>
Sun, 18 Sep 2005 10:37:46 -0500
v105.n040.12
Here is the bread pudding recipe that I use.  It is delicious made
with homemade bread.  It is made in the crock pot and is sooo
easy.  The recipe is from the Fix It and Forget It cookbook.  Hope you like it.

Bread Pudding

8 slices bread, cubed
4 eggs
1/4 cup sugar (I use 1/2 cup)
1/4 cup melted butter
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
(I also add 1 tsp vanilla to the recipe)

Place bread cubes in greased slow cooker.  Beat together eggs and
milk.  Stir in sugar, butter, raisins, and cinnamon.  Pour over bread
cubes and stir.  Cover and cook on high for 1 hour.  Reduce heat to
low and cook 3-4 hours, or until thermometer reaches 160 F.

Sauce for bread pudding:
2 Tbsp butter
2 Tbsp flour
1 cup water
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla

Make sauce just before pudding is done baking. Begin by melting
butter in saucepan.  Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add water,
sugar, and vanilla.  Bring to boil.  Cook, stirring constantly for 2
minutes, or until thickened. Serve sauce over warm bread pudding.

|\---/|
|q p |   /}
( 0 )"""\
Gretchie says Hi !