how to hold a class?

Tom Reingold <tommy@whatexit.org>
Thu, 07 Jul 2005 12:51:12 -0400
v105.n029.5
I've agreed to teach a class in breadbaking on Monday evening. I've
never done this. I will be showing how to bake challah bread.

I might have as few as two or three students.

It occurred to me that it might make sense to bring dough in various
states, to hurry the class along. So we might bake in reverse! I'll
take a couple of balls of dough and teach the students to braid them,
let them rise a few minutes, then bake them. Then while they are
baking, I'll take the raw ingredients and teach them how to mix them
into balls of dough.

Any alternatives to this plan?

More importantly, how do I arrive at class with two balls of dough
that have just finished their first rise? I have tried mixing
ingredients and refrigerating them, but then the new temperature
makes rising tricky.

Thanks.

Tom Reingold
Noo Joizy