No Holes in Cibatta

JZingheim@aol.com
Sat, 25 Jun 2005 11:46:21 EDT
v105.n028.3
You might try a couple of things. Increase the hydration by adding a
bit more water to the dough. Ciabatta needs a somewhat slack dough so
it can expand and form the air holes. Second, retard the dough
overnight in the refrigerator right after kneading. Bring to room
temperature and then proceed with fermentation. Try baking it on
parchment. This makes sliding it onto the baking stone much easier. I
will usually remove the parchment when I turn the loaf about 20
minutes into baking. (for even browning)

Hope this helps
Pop