New "bread keeper"

<Njretired@copper.net>
Wed, 18 May 2005 09:35:27 -0500
v105.n022.2
Hi Everyone,

I recently purchased a product on QVC that I am really crazy about.  They
are called "Debbie Meyer's Evert Fresh Green Bags."  The package of fifty
bags come in three sizes; the bags are similar to the old-style sandwich
bags that first came out years ago, but are much larger.)  Designed to keep
fruit and vegetables fresh for extended lengths of time, the translucent
bags have a thin, textured, green lining that absorbs the moisture and
gases which cause fruit and vegetables to mature and, eventually, rot.  You
just loosely wrap the item (washed or unwashed) in the three-dimensional
bag and put it in your refrigerator.  The cauliflower I'm experimenting
with has been in it's Green Bag in the veggie bin of my frig for almost 2
weeks now, and it does not even have ONE black spot on it yet!  The product
is working equally well in keeping my tomatoes fresh where they rest in a
bowl on my kitchen windowsill.

But this is the secondary blessing:  the Green Bags seem to work just as
well on storing breads!  My bagels are still soft with no mold, and the
10-grain Bread Machine loaf I made last week kept for 5 days, wrapped in
the largest size bag (which is about 8" x 21" long with the folds opening
up to accommodate a 15" opening, much bigger than a traditional plastic
bread sack.)  I'm not sure HOW long it will keep the bread fresh because we
had eaten the loaf by the 5th day, but until that last slice, the loaf
remained as soft and fresh as the day I had made it!

If you pull up the QVC.com website, type in the item number, K5519, in the
top search box.  Fifty bags sell for about $20.00 plus tax, ship, and
handling.  They can each be washed and reused up to 8 times, so this seems
like an almost endless supply.

Pls share your results!

JJ in South Texas