Re: Semantics

Linda Badeen <linda.rose@comcast.net>
Sun, 17 Apr 2005 09:06:53 -0400
v105.n018.4
I don't know about preheat... I haven't been able to figure out "hot water
heater" either.  Why would you heat water that's already hot?  The thing is
just a plain old "water heater."

I DID finally figure out why southerners call it an "ink pen" instead of
just a "pen."  That's because with a southern twang there needs to some
differentiation between pen and pin. Go ahead Tarheel; say them both and
see if they don't sound just alike<GG>

And don't get me started on soda, pop, soda pop, coke, soda water.....

Linda,  who has spent half of her life in the south and half in the north