Yes Bob, the bulb syringe works

Popthebaker@aol.com
Sun, 3 Apr 2005 12:21:06 EDT
v105.n016.7
The bulb syringe I use is the type used in an operating room
for  irrigation. It holds about 120 ml. (4 oz.) of water and the opening is
about 1/4 inch in diameter. The nominal size of the syringe is 60 ml. but
it will hold twice that if you fill it completely. Three quick squeezes of
the bulb and all the water is in the steam pan. Takes about two or three
seconds. The door is already open to insert the loaf so the added time is
not critical. My oven has a very efficient seal and I still have enough
steam present to fog my glasses when  I open it at 20 minutes to turn the
loaf. A typical turkey baster is not as efficient because it has a smaller
opening.

Pop