RE: Fiori di Sicilia

Roxanne Rieske <rokzane@comcast.net>
Sun, 03 Apr 2005 09:38:40 -0600
v105.n016.5
Fiori di Sicilia is the extract of a flower. King Arthur flour describes it
as "having hints" of citrus and vanilla--which it does, but there are also
abut 10,000 or so other flavor compounds in it. It's as complex as vanilla,
wine, and coffee are. If you can't find the extract, you can certainly use
citrus and vanilla (I've used 1 tsp orange, 1 tsp lemon, and 2 tsp vanilla
extracts), but believe me, you will miss a very special flavor without the
Fiori di Sicilia. That stuff is heaven in a bottle :)

Roxanne Rieske (Rokzane)
rokzane@comcast.net