Baking In The ABM

Brian WOOD <brianjwood@woody14.freeserve.co.uk>
Sat, 26 Feb 2005 08:46:23 +0000
v105.n010.4
Seems like every craft where technology is introduced generates the same
debate, and the debate puzzles me somewhat. I use the ABM  frequently to
get fresh bread as I wake up and with the machine I use (a Panasonic) I get
perfect results and enjoy the end product. The machines are also getting
steadily better in their versatility and will accommodate 'tweaking'. I
also make and bake the so called 'Artisan' breads (though I doubt the
originators would have hung a label like that on it!) by hand, or rather
mixer, and get great pleasure from that too. I would hazard a guess that
the old bakers would have grabbed any labour saving device they could get,
as would any peasant baking at home. We have a far more leisurely life and
can enjoy a debate that would have been meaningless to the old timers.
Cheers