moist bran muffins

"Anita" <anita@ncwebsurfer.com>
Sat, 5 Feb 2005 15:30:29 -0800
v105.n007.6
Mike Fuller Asked;
"Does anyone have a good trick to get very moist bran muffins?"

This recipe is very different from yours, Mike, it probably started out on
the All Bran cereal box in the 30's or 40's.  My Mom made them when I was
small, and even tho I am crowding 70 now, still make them for breakfast.  I
have changed her recipe somewhat since she used All Bran cereal instead of
regular wheat bran, and I don't know if they still make it.

Mom's Bran Muffins

1/14 c wheat bran
1/2 c wheat germ (usually use toasted)
1/4 c soy flour (health food store)
1/2 c flour (usually use w/w pastery flour, but all purpose will do)
3 T brown sugar
4 T molasses
1 egg
2 T oil (she used butter)
3/4 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 cup yogurt (she used sour milk)
1/2 c raisins (optional)

Mix all drys including raisins, beat egg and mix all wets, lightly stir
them together.
Bake at 400 for 20-25 min.  Makes 12 muffins.  These are very moist.

[[Editor's note: Kellogg's All-Bran Cereal is still with us, but they've
changed the recipes.  <http://www.kelloggs.com/brand/allbran/index.shtml> ]]