grinder recommendations

Linda C <chasebusiness@sbcglobal.net>
Sat, 18 Dec 2004 09:42:20 -0800 (PST)
v104.n056.1
I have a Bosch Ultramill that I got for $130 a couple of years ago.  It
grinds my wheat just right.  Not too fine or too coarse.  I was a little
dissappointed when I got it because it didn't have an adjustable grind (the
more expensive ones do), but I don't think I would have changed it off this
grind anyway.  For the price it was a great deal.  I didn't want a hand
grinder because I grind 20 to 30 cups at a time and ...I'm not that
energetic.  Kneading is my exercise!  I got 3 cookbooks with it and they
have some great recipes.  I have found that with my home ground that I
don't have to adjust the flour amount at all.  I can exchange about cup for
cup with white flour, but I do add decrease the sweetner a little because
the flour is sweet and flavorful and add a little extra leavening
(1/4  tsp  extra yeast to 2 loaves) to lighten the loaf.  Oh.... it has a
lifetime warranty on it, too.

blessya'bunches,

Linda