Recipes for shaped tube pans

"King's Crown" <qoe@earthlink.net>
Fri, 10 Dec 2004 23:46:23 -0800
v104.n055.2
Pampered Chef used to give out a recipe with its bread tubes called
Valtrompia bread.  Now they just have suggestions on how to use store
bought bread dough and quick breads.  I really like the original Valtrompia
recipe. I make the dough in my bread maker.  I make several batches in a
day and freeze the baked loaves.  Then I have them ready for any get
together.  I have friends that call and want loaves for parties.  I find
even though 2 loaves doesn't look like much it is always plenty for a
party.  Most of the time I just slice, but sometimes I toast the
slices.  Very good recipe.

Enjoy, Lynne

Valtrompia Canape Bread

1/3 cup very warm water
1 tsp. sugar
1 pkg. yeast
1 cup milk
2 Tbsp. butter, melted
1 1/4 tsp. salt
3 to 4 cups flour

In measuring cup, stir warm water, sugar and yeast. Let stand for 5
minutes, stirring occasionally until mixture is foamy. Meanwhile, in large
bowl stir together milk, butter, and salt. Next, add yeast mixture and stir
all together. Add 2 1/2 cups of flour, blend together, then stir in as much
of remaining flour as necessary to form soft dough. Turn onto lightly
floured board, knead for 7 minutes, adding as much of remaining flour as
necessary to form a smooth ball. Put into greased bowl, turn dough all
around until greased all over. Cover with plastic wrap. Put in a warm
draft-free place to rise until double in bulk. Punch down. Divide dough in
half, roll into a log 2 inches shorter than mold and insert in mold. Cap
and bake in 400 F. oven for 60 to 70 minutes. Remove from mold. Recipe
makes two loaves. This makes a dense and crusty bread, ideal for hors
d'oeuvres, etc. For a taste variation add one teaspoon sage, dill or other
herbs to dough.

Valtrompia Style Cinnamon Raisin Bread

1/4 cup very warm water (105-115 F.)
1 tsp. sugar
1 pkg. yeast
1/2 cup sugar
3/4 cup milk
1 egg, beaten
2 Tbsp. butter, melted
1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. salt
1/2 cup raisins
3 to 4 cups flour

In measuring cup, stir warm water, 1 teaspoon of the sugar and the yeast.
Let stand 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until mixture is foamy (if no
foam forms, start again). Meanwhile, in a large bowl, stir together milk,
egg, butter, cinnamon, salt and remaining sugar. Stir in yeast mixture and
raisins. Stir in 2 cups of the flour. Stir in as much of the remaining
flour as necessary to form a soft dough. Turn onto floured board, knead 7
minutes using as much of the remaining flour as necessary until dough is no
longer sticky. Place in a greased bowl, turning dough to completely coat
it. Cover dough with plastic wrap and set in a warm draft free place to
rise until double in bulk. Punch down and divide in half. Roll each half
into a log 2 inches shorter than mold. Place in mold (greased or
ungreased): cap on each end. Bake in preheated 400 F. oven 1 hour or until
bread sounds hollow when tapped. Remove from mold to cool.

Valtrompia Style Pepperoni Cheese Bread

3 to 4 cups flour
1/3 c. very warm water (105-115 F.)
1 tsp. sugar
1 pkg. yeast
1 c. milk
1 tsp. salt
1 c.grated cheddar cheese
1/3 c. finely chopped pepperoni

In the measuring cup, stir together the water and sugar and yeast. Let
stand for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until mixture is foamy (if no
foam, start again). Meanwhile in a large bowl, stir together milk and salt.
Stir in yeast mixture, cheese and pepperoni. Stir in 2 1/2 cups of the
flour. Stir in as much of the remaining flour as necessary to form a soft
dough. Turn onto a floured board, knead 7 minutes, using as much of the
remaining flour as necessary until dough is no longer sticky. Place in a
greased bowl, turning dough to completely coat with grease. Cover bowl with
plastic wrap. Set in a draft-free warm place to rise until double in bulk.
Punch down, divide dough in half. Roll each half into a log 2 inches
shorter than mold. Place in greased mold and cap each end. Bake in
preheated 400 F. oven for one hour or until bread sounds hollow when
tapped. Remove from mold to cool.