Holiday Breads

RisaG <radiorlg@yahoo.com>
Sun, 28 Nov 2004 16:40:20 -0800 (PST)
v104.n053.4
Someone last week was looking for recipes for Thanksgiving - recipes using
sweet potato or pumpkin and I said I had a recipe but I couldn't find it
and so I posted the recipe from Beth Hensperger. Well...after a hard search
I finally found my recipe so I thought that it was better late than never.
Here is my recipe:

It is for ABM users...

*  Exported from  MasterCook  *

                          Pumpkin Soft Yeast Rolls

Recipe By     : Unknown Internet Recipe
Categories    : Abm                              Holiday
                 Rolls

      1/4  cup           pumpkin puree
    1      tsp           vanilla extract
    1 1/8  tsp           dry active yeast (1/2 packet)
    1      tbsp          brown sugar
      1/4  cup           warm milk -- + 1/8 cup*
    2 1/2  cups          bread flour
      1/8  cup           butter -- softened
      1/2  tsp           salt
      1/2  tsp           cider vinegar
      1/8  tsp           freshly ground nutmeg
    1                    egg -- lightly beaten

Place ingredients in your machine according to manufacturer directions.
Place on dough cycle.

When dough is ready, place in a greased bowl and let rise in a draft-free
area.

Spray muffin tins with butter-flavored cooking spray. Cut dough into 12
pieces and roll into balls. Place 6 balls in each muffin tin. Spray tops
and cover with sprayed plastic wrap. Let rise once more in a draft-free
area. When pleasantly puffed up, bake in a preheated 375°F over for 15 minutes.

Let cool on a wire rack. Makes 12 rolls.

RisaG