non-stick muffin tin sticking

Bev C <retiredtaxlady@direcway.com>
Sun, 17 Oct 2004 07:53:36 -0500
v104.n046.13
Mike from Havana asked how to make a non-stick pan actually  non-stick when
baking muffins.  I'm not sure what coating you have on your pan but if it
will stand up to preheating, try preheating the pan for a few
moments.  When your batter is ready, pull the pan from the oven, spritz  or
brush it with oil and then add your batter.  Some non-stick surfaces
release harmful gases is heated alone but some of the non-stick muffin tins
don't.  I use Chicago metallic mini-loaf pans and this works great for them.

Bev C