sweet whey powder and blueberry bread - corrected

Linda C <chasebusiness@sbcglobal.net>
Mon, 20 Sep 2004 06:38:27 -0700 (PDT)
v104.n042.1
I began adding about 1/4 cup of sweet whey powder to my two loaf whole
wheat recipe that includes milk and vital wheat gluten.  Talk about a
difference in the texture.  I do love a hearty heavy loaf, but it doesn't
fold well and with the whey .... wow... soft bread!

1 cup whole wheat flour
2 1/4 tsp yeast
1 cup warm water
2 T agave nectar, honey or other sweetner

Mix well and let yeast develop (bubble) about 10 minutes.
Add:

1 1/4 cup warm milk
1/4 cup vital wheat gluten
1/4 cup sweet whey powder
1 1/2 tsp salt

Begin adding whole wheat flour 1 cup at a time until you can form workable
dough.

I find this varies with the humidity and the moisture of the flour.  I
grind mine fresh and it seems to have a higher moisture content.

Let rise twice in bowl, gently deflating and reforming into round.  Divide
and rise in pans.  Bake.

I add lots more sweetner (sorry, didn't measure) and just before forming
loaves I add a cup of blueberries.  It takes a long time to rise after this
and then I bake.  It tastes really yummy.

Linda

[Editor's note: this was posted last week - the last paragraph was missing.]]