storage of homemade bread

REDFRECKLE@aol.com
Sun, 29 Aug 2004 18:25:57 EDT
v104.n039.7
Hi All,

Just a quick question.  How is everyone storing their yummy breads?  I
usually use my bread machine to make mine. It makes a tall, square loaf.  I
cover the loaf with a towel on the cutting board and slice off the loaf as
I need it. Unfortunately there are times when we don't go through it
quickly enough and it turns in to a bread brick sometime as quickly as 3 or
4 days.  I realize the enviroment in my house plays a role in how quickly
it get hard. I usually make bread crumbs with it at that point.  Just
wondering if anyone had any suggestions for keeping it softer a little
longer....storage containers for a loaf of this shape?   Thanks in advance.

Holly