Zucchini bread recipe

BLONDEMOMLADY@aol.com
Tue, 15 Jun 2004 22:25:10 EDT
v104.n028.6
Barbara,

Please try my zucchini bread recipe, that my family has used for years.  I
always use all brown sugar, and prefer to use bread flour, for a lighter
texture.  Also, remove 1/4 cup white flour, and sub wheat.  Let me know
what you think,  I know nothing about Warburton's, but this sounds like
what you are describing.

3 large eggs
2 cups sugar (brown or white)
2 cups grated zucchini
3 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup vegetable oil
3 cups flour (or 2 3/4 c bread flour + 1/4 c wheat flour)
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
3 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon allspice
1 cup walnuts

Beat eggs until foamy. Add sugar, oil, zucchini, and vanilla. Combine
flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and allspice, and add to
egg mixture. Stir well, and add walnuts. Spray 2 medium loaf pans with
non-stick spray. Split evenly between pans, bake at 350 F for one hour, or
until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.

Notes: when grating zucchini, grate extra and freeze in 2-cup portions.
This is the most time-consuming part of the recipe. If using zucchini that
you have frozen, use all liquid when thawed, or you will have dry bread.

This is grandma's recipe...the only complaint I have ever gotten was "why
isn't there more???"

I hope this works for you, I have been able to get people to try zucchini
for the first time by making this bread!  And of course, there must be some
nutritional value, there is zucchini in it, right?

Cyndi