The slasher strikes again...

Tarheel_Boy@webtv.net (Skallywagg)
Sat, 29 May 2004 11:33:10 -0400
v104.n026.3
Over the years, I've slashed my bread with about everything but an axe. I
used single-edge razor blades, that cute little lame that King Arthur sells
for too much money, and various knives.  I find that my serrated (the
scalloped edge type) works best on firm dough, but I use my very sharp
chef's knive for softer dough.  I have learned to make a cut just once.  I
believe that going over it more than once provides a ragged edge.  I slant
the knife when I go in.  By the way, I agree with the tipster who wrote
that he/she wet the knife blade.  I do, too.  I stick it under cold running
water, give it a shake, and quickly make my incison.  I feel like Doctor
Kildare.  Does anyone remember him?  ;-)))

Bob the Tarheel Baker