A tip for the new bakers on this list...

Tarheel_Boy@webtv.net (Skallywagg)
Sun, 7 Mar 2004 11:55:31 -0500 (EST)
v104.n014.4
I often see a request from someone new to bread baking that asks for "a
good recipe for a sandwich bread."  Or it may be "a good whole wheat bread"
or whatever.  I'm sure you get the idea.  It was recently pointed out on
this list that if you put ten bakers in a room and ask for a specific
recipe, you would receive twelve different answers.  That is so true as
those of us who have been baking bread for a while, have our own twists and
variations on a theme.  I suggest that you utilize Google. Just type the
name of the recipe you are looking for in the search and hit
search.  Voila!  Like magic, you will find several recipes.  Choose the one
that appeals and give it a shot.  I don't mean to imply that you shouldn't
ask questions here as that's what this list is all about:  The wonderful
camaraderie of bread bakers.  I offer the Google tip only as a short cut to
get you started.

Bob the Tarheel Baker