ciabatta and holes in bread

The Markhams <markhamtx@sbcglobal.net>
Sun, 07 Mar 2004 09:12:26 -0600
v104.n014.1
I've been playing with ciabatta for a while, being a novice baker, I'm
having a hard time working with such wet bread.  I found two sources that
might be helpful.  The first is from the King Arthur Flour's site. They
have cooking classes.  Here is the link to the ciabatta and baguette one:

http://ww2.kingarthurflour.com/cgibin/htmlos.cgi/0825.2.2040971311527600944

Also, bon Appetit magazine has a cooking class.  This is the link to their
ciabatta:

http://eat.epicurious.com/bonappetit/cooking_class/?/bonappetit/cooking_class/ciabatta.html

I haven't actually tired these yet, I've gotten distracted by other breads,
but have been thinking about giving it another shot.  I also found durum
wheat flour and want to try pugliese.  however, these really wet doughs
intimidate me.  (I also can't let my kids play with the dough and
help.  It's not like play doh.)  Hope these help.

Carolyn