Re: Looking for medium rye flour

fred smith <fredex@fcshome.stoneham.ma.us>
Sun, 1 Feb 2004 08:44:30 -0500
v104.n008.2
I'm not in the WDC area, sorry, but I felt I had to chime in anyway. I've
been using King Arthur's "pumpernickel" flour in recipes that call for
medium rye, with great success. The label on the bag says "medium rye
flour" and lists no other ingredients. It isn't dark or strongly flavored,
and is fairly finely ground. I do buy it online, though. I don't know if
any stores carry it.

Here in New England, Shaws supermarkets carry several different kinds of
flour, though, sometimes several varieties of KA flours. They also have
several varieties of flour from "Hogdson's mill" (that may not be spelled
right), which includes a nice medium rye, though theirs is coarsely ground.

---- Fred Smith -- fredex@fcshome.stoneham.ma.us