Looking for Bread Recipes to Jibe w/ Anti-Migraine Diet.

"Mary" <snyderme@comcast.net>
Sun, 18 Jan 2004 09:02:32 -0800
v104.n006.7
Good Morning, List.

I'm on a weird anti-migraine diet, and sadly it appears to be working.

The crux of it is that I have to avoid aged/fermented foods (the apparent
culprit is a fermentation byproduct), and I must be very careful about
consuming homemade bread.  My guess is that commercial breads are ok
because they are proofed and baked off in fairly short order.  My problem
is that all of my favorite bread recipes start out with 1/4 tsp or so of
yeast, and ferment in the refrigerator for 8-12 hours.  In fact, I never
felt like I made a really good loaf of bread until I discovered the long,
cool ferment process.

I am now hoping to find a couple of serviceable yeast bread recipes that
have a shorter rise time.  So far, I have not found a shorter-rise recipe
that has enough flavor for me, but I have to confess that I did stop
looking in the mid-90's.  At this point, I'm willing to compromise on my
process in order to still be able to engage in the activity, and it occurs
to me that it might be worthwhile to ask those with more experience.  Do
any of you have a good recipe to share for shorter-rise bread?  Any tips on
improving flavor without extending the ferment time?

Thank you for any ideas you can offer.

Regards,
Mary