Re: Stuffed Bread (v104.n003.3)

Chefsherry1@aol.com
Mon, 12 Jan 2004 17:03:01 EST
v104.n005.13
To Jeannette in South Texas:  The recipe you refer to sounds like our
Pampered Chef showcase recipe for the Fall/Winter 2002 season.  It is easy
& I used it often for my Pampered Chef shows.  Hope this helps.

Sherry,
a transplanted Texan

Pepperoni Pizza Twist

3.5 oz (1 pkg) pepperoni slices, diced
3.25 oz (1 can) pitted ripe olives, drained & chopped
2 T snipped fresh parsley
1/2 c (2 oz) shredded mozzarella cheese
2 T all-purpose flour
1 garlic clove, pressed
22 oz (2 11-oz pkgs) refrigerated French bread dough
1 egg
1 t Italian seasoning mix
2 T (1/2 oz) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
15 oz (1 can) pizza sauce, warmed (optional)

Preheat oven to 375 F.  Combine first 6 ingredients & mix well; set aside.

Place bread dough, seam sides up, on cutting board.  Using serrated bread
knife, slide each loaf lengthwise, end to end, cutting halfway through to
center of loaf; spread open flat.  Lightly sprinkle additional flour evenly
over dough.  Using a roller, roll dough crosswise to a 4-inch width,
creating a well down the center of each loaf.

Spoon half of the pepperoni mixture down center of each loaf.  Gather up
edges over filling, pinching firmly to seal.  Place loaves, seam sides
down, in an "X" pattern on parchment paper on a baking sheet (I use the
Pampered Chef Rectangle Baking Stone).  Crisscross ends of dough to form a
large figure "8", leaving two 1 1/2 inch openings in center of twist.

Separate egg and beat white and seasoning mix together; lightly brush over
dough with pastry brush.  Using serrated bread knife, cut a 3-inch slit in
each of the top sections of the twist to reveal the filling.

Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over loaf and bake 30-32 minutes or until deep
golden brown.  Remove to cooling rack & cool 10 minutes.  Cut into slices
and service with pizza sauce if desired.  This recipe works well with all
kinds of fillings, both sweet and savory.  ENJOY!