mystery pan

Fredericka Cohen <cohenfs@prodigy.net>
Fri, 5 Sep 2003 17:52:01 -0700 (PDT)
v103.n038.15
While on a thrift shop expedition...the only way to shop!...I discovered
(and purchased) a mysterious lidded tinned pan.(No manufacturer's name or sign)

It is 13 1/2 inches long and 3 5/8 inches deep and hold 8 cups of whatever
unknown matter went into it. Did I mention that it is a half circle shape?

Because it doesn't seem as heavy as the usual baking pan, it might have
been used for a frozen mold.

I want to try it as a pain de mie (pullman loaf) but I can't find a recipe
for it or instructions for the pan. I know the lid is removed before the
baking is completed (after oven rise?) and I need a bread with a fine texture.

Anybody have 1)identification, 2) recipe, 3 instructions?

If not, I'll just turn my 45 cent purchase into a place to dump coupons.

Thanks, Fredericka