Acidity problems

"Gabriel Filloy" <gabriel@prumisa.com>
Tue, 2 Sep 2003 15:30:35 -0600
v103.n038.11
I have been able to create the sourdough bread I wanted.  Using a starter
made initially from grapes my bread is great, the only thing I have not
been able to control is the acidity of the bread.  I make my dough and let
it rise for about 6 hours at room temperature, then I roll the dough and
place it in a wicker basket with a rough linen canvas and cover it with
plastic, place it in the refrigerator for 24 hours, then I take it out of
the refrigerator and let it stand at room temperature for about 1 hour and
in then goes in the oven at 425 F in a Dutch oven for 50 minutes.  Can
someone help me on how to control the acidity?

Gabriel Filloy
Costa Rica