RE: Sea salt and bread baking

"Andreas Wagner" <Andreas.Wagner@wanadoo.fr>
Tue, 2 Sep 2003 10:34:23 +0200
v103.n038.9
Steven,

I've been following advice from Elizabeth David's English Bread and Yeast
Cookery - she recommends weighing the salt and dissolving it in the liquid,
before adding it to the rest of the ingredients.  I've been following that
for years now, always with good results.  Weighing the salt would mean that
whatever type you use, i.e. coarse or fine, you always end up with the same
amount.  I have a small letter scale, which works very well for the salt also.

Andreas

For great holiday accommodation in the south of France visit our website at
http://www.midihideaways.com