conversion charts

FREDERICKA COHEN <cohenfs@prodigy.net>
Sun, 31 Aug 2003 02:30:53 -0700 (PDT)
v103.n038.1
This group is fortunate to have an international membership which means
recipes come in metric and "American" measurements.

I, on the other hand, am not fortunate enough to have an international
mathematical mind to translate those measurements. (The markings on the
Pyrex cup only help a bit!)

Does anyone have a great link for a conversion chart?

I'll swap you this terrific yeast chart for it.

http://home.earthlink.net/~ggda/convert_yeast_two.htm

By the way, I had been a devoted KA user until I tried the 14% bulk bread
flour at Wild Oats. It is milled by Arrowhead.Price is 69 cents a pound. I
find a flavor difference. (Sort of an "all I want is a bowl of soup or a
cup of coffee with this bread" difference).

Thanks for any help and just for being there.

Fredericka

[[Editor's note:
 From bread-bakers v102.n044.9:

>The "How Many?" website:
>     http://www.unc.edu/~rowlett/units/index.html
>
>tells all the gory details of units of measurement.

This site has a page of links.  In the Unit Converter Sites section is:
   http://www.convertit.com/Go/ConvertIt/
which does conversions online.  This site is run by the makers of a
shareware units conversion program:
   http://www.entisoft.com/esunits2.htm

There are many unit conversion programs available for download from:
   http://download.cnet.com/
Search for:
   units conversion

Jeff & Reggie]]