Re: "Moral" dilemma over flour

Yvonne58@aol.com
Mon, 18 Aug 2003 22:02:37 EDT
v103.n036.8
Hello, all,

I'm having a struggle about the kind of flour I use.  I hear so much about
KA flour, and have used it myself in the past, but I live in the middle of
America's wheat-producing country and am having a problem justifying the
expense of KA when theoretically there should be plenty of good local flour
straight from the source that is nowhere near as expensive as KA (not to
mention shipping!).  There are mills within 100 miles of me that sell in
local grocery stores, in fact.  So, I'm looking for either 1) justification
for using KA, or 2) tips on how to find just as good a flour locally (that
would be Kansas).  I kinda hope it's not just a case of trying them all to
find what I like, although that seems the obvious solution.  Any help or
opinions or tips or whatever appreciated!

Yvonne in Kansas
(who has personally encountered a Dilemma and is amazed by the size of its
horns!!)