Kenwood Major repair needed

Dan Erwin <derwin@uiuc.edu>
Sun, 13 Jul 2003 07:56:30 -0500
v103.n031.11
The speed control knob on my 7-quart Kenwood mixer was removed for thorough
cleaning. That was a drastic error. It can't be reinstalled in a simple manner.

Contact with Delonghi has proven to be worthless. The Cucina, which is
supposedly the same model as the Kenwood 800, is not the same. The parts
are not interchangeable and Delonghi's technical staff merely directs the
consumer to an authorized repair center in a certain region. Contacting
those places, they claim that they do not know how the control operates and
that Delonghi refuses to send them the schematics or the instructions for
how to make the repair. Calling back to Delonghi about these facts  the
main reply on the phone is: I'm sorry but..........

I tried purchasing Delonghi's model through Amazon. I got the DSM800, the
one with 800 watts. I began with a wheat recipe that had 3 cups of water
and 8 cups of flour. In 3 minutes it had overheated and it automatically
stopped. The mixer was returned.

If I had a source of a place to repair or even a schematic of the
complicated setup I could possibly repair it myself. I have the special
screwdriver to open the motor and I have been able to operate the mixer,
but I have to use a stiff rubber band to keep the knob from vibrating out
while mixing.

I don't know how to contact the Kenwood Corporation in England. I haven't
found an E-mail address for them. Can anyone here help me find a solution
to my problem?

Dan Erwin
Champaign, Il