advice about steam

FREDERICKA COHEN <cohenfs@prodigy.net>
Mon, 26 May 2003 12:31:50 -0700 (PDT)
v103.n026.3
Since some of us have become almost family and are therefore concerned
about one another, I want to remind you about something very important!

WATCH THE STEAM!! I should have listened better to all those who warn about
throwing ice cubes into the hot oven. As one friend says, "It's perfectly
safe... if you are standing in another room!!"

I was up front and close when I tossed. If I remember my high school
science, when water becomes steam it expands 1200 times! I am glad I was
wearing glasses.

Just remember! If you insist on tossing ice cubes, stand to the side, wear
safety goggles, and have a cold cloth soaking in ice water ready to soothe
your face!

Fredericka