Il Gianfornaio Bread or Colorful Vegetable Bread

DRogers248@aol.com
Mon, 31 Mar 2003 18:30:04 EST
v103.n017.20
In bread-bakers.v103.n016.16 Reggie writes:

 > Do any of you have a recipe for Il Gianfornaio Bread??

I haven't tried this but I think it's close to what you are asking
for.  With your knowledge I'm sure you can adapt it for your taste ;-)

Colorful Vegetable Bread

Recipe By     :
Serving Size  : 2
Preparation Time :0:00
Categories    : Breads

         -----TOMATO DOUGH-----
  250       g            Plain flour
    5       g            Salt
  124       g            Tomato puree
   12       g            Fresh yeast,mixed w/
    1       tb            -- warm water
   30       g            Olive oil
         -----SPINACH DOUGH-----
   250       g            Plain flour
     5       g            Salt
   150       g            Spinach,* chopped & cooked
    12       g            Fresh yeast, mixed w/
     1       tb            -- warm water
    25       g            Olive oil
         -----BEETROOT DOUGH-----
   250       g            Plain flour
     5       g            Salt
    12       g            Fresh yeast, mixed w/
     1       tb            -- warm water
   125       g            Beetroot sliced w/ juices**
    35       g            Olive oil

Make each dough separately, kneading for 5-8 minutes until you have a
smooth elastic dough. Rest each dough, covered, for 30 minutes. To make
plait; cut each dough in half & gently roll each piece on a lightly floured
surface until approximately 25 cm long. With a roll of each color, make a
plait, making sure to seal the ends. Place on a greased baking tray. Rest
in a warm place covered with a towel for 1 to 1.5 hrs. Brush with beaten
egg and bake in a 220C oven for 25 mins. *Frozen is ok. **Canned is ok.