Masonry bake oven use

The Lawrences <oldschoolhouse@sympatico.ca>
Mon, 24 Mar 2003 14:09:22 -0500
v103.n016.9
Have been selected to run the bakery at our local pioneer village for the
upcoming season and was hoping to find someone with some experience using
an old brick bake oven. I have years of bread baking experience, but all
with modern ovens. No one at the village has ever used the oven so I'm on
my own. Need info on how much wood to burn, how long, what temps I might
expect, how long the heat stays, those kind of things. I appreciate that
all ovens are unique, but some general guidelines would help as I start the
experiments. Any web sites concerning this subject would also be great to
have. Thanks in advance for any help offered.

Doug Lawrence