Re: weights and measures

Dave Glaze <daveglaze@shaw.ca>
Wed, 12 Mar 2003 09:24:44 -0800
v103.n014.10
My balance scale measures down to 10ths of a gram and so I can measure
yeast and salt to the accuracy that Peter Reinhart's recipes call for.  I
have checked my weight measurements against the volume measurements
(teaspoons) he gives in each recipe and found them to be close enough.  So
when measuring salt and yeast, you could use the volume measurements.  His
measurements are for instant yeast and for table salt.  If you are using
regular yeast or kosher salt or sea salt, you will have to convert using
his tables on page 28 of The Bread Baker's Apprentice.

Cheers
Dave