re Sun Dried Tomatoes

Lobo <lobo119@attbi.com>
Sat, 08 Mar 2003 10:05:13 -0700
v103.n014.4
 >From: "Nancy Allen" <nancytallen@hotmail.com
 >I have never posted but faithfully read and have printed and tried many
 >recipes. I have a request: recipes using sun-dried tomatoes. I came upon a
 >steal of a deal and ended up with 12 pounds of them.

I've made this once and I wasn't crazy about it, but my husband and our
company loved it and ate the whole loaf:

TOMATO WHEAT BAGUETTTES WITH GARLIC AND ROSEMARY
2 baguettes or 1 loaf

Mix and let sit until yeast is bubbly:
1 c. tomato juice at room temp
1 1/2 t. dry yeast
1/2 t. sugar

Mix in:
1 1/2 t. extra-virgin olive oil
1/4 t. salt
1 1/2 t. rosemary
1 1/2 t. minced garlic
3/4 c. whole wheat flour
2 1/4 c. flour
1/3 c. chopped sun-dried tomatoes

Add more white flour as needed to make a soft dough.  Knead for 10
minutes.  Let rise until double in bulk.  Shape into loaves.  Let rise
until double in bulk.  Bake at 350 F for about 40 minutes.