Bread Machine Magic Revised Edition

Thu, 06 Mar 2003 19:10:16 -0800
v103.n013.14
It has finally arrived in the bookstores!!  I was thrilled when I spoke
with Lois and she told me it will be in your local store soon.  Of course I
had to go right over to Jessica's Biscuit and check to make sure it was
there.  Sure was ... so here it is for you to get your very own copy of ...
or you can get it wherever you purchase your books!!

Thanks for the revision Lois and Linda!!

Bread Machine Magic
Revised Edition
By Linda Rehberg and Lois Conway
http://www.ecookbooks.com/products.html?item=03736

Jessica's Biscuit Price: $9.06
Retail Price: $12.95
You Save: 30%

The long-awaited revised edition of the classic bread machine book that has
sold more than half a million copies.  First published in 1992, this
well-researched, top-selling bread machine cookbook set the standard in its
field. The book is now revised and includes two-pound loaves, bringing it
up to date for today's machines.  Bread machine owners will be delighted to
find over 180 delicious, original recipes, including: Zucchini Carrot
Bread; Authentic Deli Rye; Irish Soda Bread; Caramel Sticky Buns;
Portuguese Sweet Bread; and many more.  These wholesome, preservative-free
recipes have been carefully tested, allowing bread machine bakers to enjoy
fresh-baked breads at home, with all the variety and flavor they crave.

                       *  Exported from  MasterCook  *

                    Madeleine's Neighborly Bread (Revised)

Recipe By     :
Serving Size  : 14   Preparation Time :0:00
Categories    : Bread Machine                    Bread-Bakers Mailing List
                  Breads                           Daily-Bread Mailing List
                  Eat-Lf Mailing List              Low Fat
                  Potatoes

                          Medium Loaf:
       3/8  C             Potato Water -- Note 1
     1 1/2  Tbsp          Butter Or Margarine
     1 1/2  Tbsp          Honey
     1 1/2  Tsp           Salt
     2      C             Whole Wheat Flour
     1      C             Bread Flour
       1/3  C             Plain Mashed Potato -- Room Temp
     2      Tsp           Dry Yeast

Reprinted with Permission of St. Martin's Griffin
Copyright 2003 by Linda Rehberg & Lois Conway

Note 1: to 1/2 cup potato water (the water in which you cooked the potato)

1.  Place all ingredients in bread pan, using the least amount of liquid
listed in the recipe.  Select Medium Crust setting and press start.

2.  Observe the dough as it kneads.  After 5-10 minutes, if it appears dry
and stiff, or if your machine sounds as if it's straining to knead it, add
more liquid 1 tablespoon at a time until dough forms a smooth, soft,
pliable ball that is slightly tacky to the touch.

3.  After the baking cycle ends, remove bread from pan, place on cake rack,
and allow to cool 1 hour before slicing.

NOTES : Cal 117.6
Total Fat 1.8g
Sat Fat 0.9g
Carb 22.6g