Re: 1/100's of an ounce

Howard Larson <hblarson@core.com>
Sun, 02 Mar 2003 08:37:31 -0600
v103.n013.1
 >  MESSAGE bread-bakers.v103.n012.1
 >
 >From: David <fiannor@wt.net>
 >Subject: Ounce question
 >Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 06:56:16 -0600
 >
 > I had a question about measurements. In Peter Reinhart's book, the
 > Bread Bakers Apprentice, he uses Ounces, often with hundredth's, in
 > his bread formula's, and it poses a problem for me as my scale only
 > goes down to fractions of ounces. Is there a conversion I could use,
 > or do you know of a scale that handles hundredth's of ounces?

I have a hard time imagining a recipe that requires measurement accuracy to
the nearest hundreth of an ounce.  I would convert the decimal fraction to
the nearest fraction your scale handles.  If, for some reason you suspect
this particular measurement is the exception, weigh out to the nearest
lower amount your scale will register and guess how much is needed to make
up the rest.

hl