Bread knives

"Nancy" <drescher@fastq.com>
Sat, 1 Mar 2003 18:22:16 -0700
v103.n012.16
This revives an old thread: bread knives. I was at a Business Costco not a
regular Costco but one serving primarily businesses. We have one such
Costco here in Phoenix and they carry a Montana bread knife
<http://www.montanaknifeworks.com/products_bread.html>

10" straight bread slicer / polypro handle
tapered + hollow grind + waved
satin finishing surface
Style: #SLW0110RP
width: 3 cm
Costco $4.97 ($6.99 if you order from the site above in quantity one)

I bought one and am pleased except that it is made in China (I haven't been
impressed with China metal products, but this knife is made from high
carbon steel and has a lifetime guarantee to remain sharp.

BTW, Costco Business stores have great deals on commercial cookware and
kitchen ware-kitchen thermometers $2.99, stainless steel bowl sets
(large!), and other restaurant type products.

Nancy