Kitchen Scale

dskramer@juno.com
Mon, 24 Feb 2003 13:29:23 -0500
v103.n012.8
For anyone still looking for a kitchen scale, I have been very satisfied
with a scale purchased from Professional Cutlery Direct,
www.cutlery.com.  It is described in the catalog as "Stainless Steel Analog
Scale," and can be had in the 4-lb version for $35 or 11-lb size for
$40.  Big pan, no batteries, BIG dial that reads in ounces/grams.

I am a convert to weighing flour; I admit to still measuring yeast, salt,
oil and sometimes water.  Using a scale had made my results more
reproducible.  I marvel at the way a commercial bakery can turn out the
same loaf of bread no matter what the season or weather.

Dorie