Baking Day

Alan Jackson <ajackson@oplnk.net>
Sat, 22 Feb 2003 13:23:16 -0600
v103.n012.4
I have to share a good story,

Today was baking day. I made 6 baguettes of Pain a L'ancienne, a loaf of
sourdough whole wheat, and I tested one of the pizza recipes for Peter
Reinhart.

My wife & older son are out of town, so I experimented on my 8 year-old.

When I explained to him that this was an experiment or a test, he replied
"It doesn't taste like a test. It tastes like pizza."

 From the mouths of babes!

Then he told me "I really like the crust. It's not like Domino's". And then
he proceeded to eat *all* the crust on two large pieces. This is a child
who never eats the outer crust on a pizza, and still insists on his
sandwiches being crustless.

I'd say it was a resounding success!

--
| Alan K. Jackson            | To see a World in a Grain of Sand      |
| alan@ajackson.org          | And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,         |