Bread Machines

Mike <mikes_room@yahoo.com>
Sun, 16 Feb 2003 09:16:48 -0800 (PST)
v103.n011.4
To all of the bread machine fanatics out there,

I have owned two machines for quite some time. A fairly new Zo and a
Breadman Plus. I gave my daughter the original Zo I had when I decided to
purchase the new Zo. I was never overly impressed with the results of these
machines. First off, you can't put your ingredients in one, program it and
leave. You think you'll come home to a nice loaf of fresh baked bread or
dinner? Fat chance. You have to watch it like a hawk so you can add a
little water or some more flour. Same as when you do bread "the old
fashioned way". Leaving it is like a crap shoot and you usually wind up
with a sub-par loaf. I have never had a failure when making bread the way
we did before these machines were around. I'm all for convenience and
machines, but bread machines just don't do it for me. I always wind up
using my mixer and turning out more than one loaf at a time. I purchased a
Magic Mill DLX which whips up a bunch of dough at one time and you can bake
to your hearts content. Well worth the initial cash outlay. Kitchen Aid is
another waste of money. If I could to buy a counter-top Hobart, now your
talkin! I burned up two Kitchen Aids. Get them repaired? Nope. Went from
the tilt head model to the K5, same disastrous results. Burned up motor. Oh
well, all and all what ever works and you're happy with it, that's what
counts.

Happy baking!