Cinnamon Swirl Bread with changes

ATroi37324@aol.com
Fri, 14 Feb 2003 11:25:55 EST
v103.n010.4
I sent in this recipe but when I made it I had 2 or 3 other breads going
and couldn't recall what changes I had made. I made it again last tonight
and I let the dough rise longer than called for. I used the Fleishmann's
yeast bought in 2 lb pack from Sam's and have never used this before so I
don't know if it didn't rise as fast because of the yeast (I always use Red
Star) or what. I am resending the recipe with the changes I made in
parenthesis:

Cinnamon Swirl Bread

1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup sour cream
1 egg
1 1/2 tbsp butter
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (I added 2 tsp vanilla)
1 tsp salt (I think next time I will reduce this to 1/2 or 3/4 tsp)
2 1/2 cups bread flour (I added 3 cups bread flour)
2 tbsp sugar (I added 4 Tbsp sugar)
1 1/2 tsp bread machine yeast (I added 2 tsp yeast)

Cinnamon Filling:
3 Tbsp sugar
1 Tbsp cinnamon
1 Tbsp butter, softened

Add bread ingredients to bread machine and process on Dough cycle. While
dough is mixing, prepare cinnamon filling. Combine sugar and cinnamon in
small bowl (easier to sprinkle if you put cinnamon filling in a shaker with
holes). Set butter out to soften. (I let it rise an extra 30 minutes after
the cycle was complete). When cycle is complete, remove dough from machine
to lightly buttered work surface. (When I pulled the dough out of the bread
pan it was pretty sticky so I just rolled it up slightly and covered it and
let it rest on my buttered board for about 10 minutes. When I went to roll
it out it was perfect, not sticky at all). Roll out dough into a 14 x 7
inch rectangle. Spread softened butter on dough; sprinkle cinnamon filling
on top.(With you hand pat the cinnamon mixture well). Beginning from short
end of dough, roll up tightly as for a jelly roll (make sure you roll up
very tightly because when baked the bread swirls are spaced out instead of
compact). Pinch seam and ends to seal. Place, seam side down in greased 9 x
5 inch lof pan. Cover and let rise in warm draft free place about 1 hour or
till doubled in size.(I let rise about 1 hour and 20 minutes). Bake in
preheated 375 F oven 25 to 30 minutes or until done. Remove from pan and
let cool on wire rack. If desired, brush top of loaf with additional butter
while hot; sprinkle with additional cinnamon and sugar. (I didn't do this
but put a glaze made of about 1/2 cup powdered sugar and 1 Tbsp sour cream
and 1/4 tsp vanilla.

Rosemary