Holiday Dinner Rolls

ATroi37324@aol.com
Fri, 14 Feb 2003 11:21:29 EST
v103.n009.24
This is a very good Dinner Roll recipe. I don't particularly like a sweet
dinner roll so I always reduce the sugar to 1 tsp and the salt to 1 or 1
1/8 tsp.

Holiday Dinner Rolls

3 1/2 cups bread flour
4 1/2 tbsp sugar
3 tbsp instant dry milk
1 1/2 tsp salt
6 tbsp butter, room temperature
2 large eggs
3/4 cup water
1 1/2 tsp active dry yeast

Process on Dough setting. When ready let dough rest in pan for about 20
minutes. Lightly grease large baking sheet. Remove dough, punch down and
knead briefly on lightly floured surface. Divide dough into 18 equal sized
balls and place on prepared baking sheets. (I never divide dough into balls
but instead roll out dough on buttered pastry board about 1 inch thick and
cut out with biscuit cutter. This is a lot faster and the rolls come out
smoother). Cover with plastic wrap and let rise in warm place about 30-50
minutes. Meanwhile preheat oven to 350 F. Bake rolls for 10-15 minutes.

Rosemary