question concerning pizza stone, baking stone and unglazed quarry

"Kishwar Shahab" <kishwarshahab@hotmail.com>
Fri, 13 Dec 2002 12:12:26 -0600
v102.n057.16
.

Hi,

I am trying to kind differences between pizza stone, baking stone, and
unglazed quarry tiles. I am interested in baking some bread but not sure
whether to use pizza stone, baking stone, or unglazed quarry tiles. I
already have pizza stone, do you know if it can be used in baking bread and
whether it provides the same benefits as baking stone and unglazed quarry
tiles. I read on some websites that baking stone, and unglazed quarry tiles
can actually crack at higher oven temperature and damage the oven. So I am
not sure whether to use baking stone or unglazed quarry tiles or stay with
pizza stone. I have electric oven in my house. I would really appreciate
your response.

Thank you so much.

Regards,
Hina.