Re: HearthKit performance

"Ed Dalton" <edsniche@snet.net>
Mon, 18 Nov 2002 08:33:50 -0500
v102.n054.20
 >>improvement in final bread is only slightly better than using bakestones<<

Not sure what you base this statement concerning the HearthKit on, as you
say the only way you would have one is to win it in a lottery.  This
indicates to me you haven't tried one.  I have owned and used a HearthKit
since January, baking several hundred loaves.  In a two week period in
February I baked over a hundred loaves for an event.  Prior to using a
HearthKit I used a baking stone for many years and find the HearthKit
produces a far superior loaf.  Additionally chicken, Cornish game hens,
duck etc, come out wonderful.  Far superior to any other method I have
tried at home.

 >>little time honing your knife skills so that crushing and chopping a clove
of garlic is a matter of  seconds, quicker than taking the press off the
hook<<

If one hones his walking skills an automobile isn't necessary, if one hones
his candle making skills electric lights aren't necessary.  There are a lot
of things that are not necessary, however it's just fun to have and use
them.  The HearthKit is a great addition to those that enjoy the fun things
and like making great breads at home.

Ed