A new, inexpensive bread machine cookbook

Andie Paysinger <asenji@earthlink.net>
Sun, 17 Nov 2002 13:08:42 -0800
v102.n054.16
I went to Barnes & Noble and while there saw and bought a new small and
inexpensive book. "The Cook's Encyclopedia of BREAD MACHINE BAKING" by
Jennie Shapter - for $7.98. It is 256 pages of what looks to be very good
recipes, many I have seen before, some are quite unusual. 7 x 9 inches,
semi-hard back. Superb photos and illustrations - better than books costs
3-4 times as much.

The first 56 pages deal with technique, how to use bread machines, (a boon
for people with "orphan" machines), hand shaping, glazes, adapting recipes,
etc. The recipe categories are:  Basic breads; Specialty Grains; Flatbreads
and Pizzas; Sourdoughs and Starter dough breads; Savory breads; Vegetable
breads; Rolls, Buns and Pastries; Sweet breads and yeast cakes; Teabreads
and cakes.

For the price it is an incredible bargain. I would recommend it to anyone -
if nothing else, just to keep by the desk to use as a reference to answer
questions. For less than 10 bucks!

Andie Paysinger & the PENDRAGON Basenjis, Teafer ,Singer & Player
asenji@earthlink.net   So. Calif. USA   "In the face of adversity, be
patient, in the face of a basenji, be prudent, be canny, be on your guard!"
http://home.earthlink.net/~asenji/