Re: More flour tortilla information

"David A Barrett" <Dave.Barrett@lawpro.ca>
Mon, 7 Oct 2002 09:14:58 -0400
v102.n048.5
I bought an electric tortilla press, that cooks the tortillas as well as
flattens them, about six month ago.  It looks like a normal tortilla press
with a glandular disorder, and presses the same way as normal press.
Honestly, though, I haven't had as much time as I would like to play with
it, but I have been able to get passable results with it, and I think that
a little tinkering with the recipes will give good results.

What I do with the dough, while it's resting and when I'm making tortillas
is to wrap it up in platic wrap.  If you roll it into a cylinder you can
roll plastic wrap around it, then hold each end roll it on the counter so
that it twists the wrap like a christmas cracker.  The more you roll it,
the tighter it gets on the dough and it will get like a sausage made out of
dough.  If you get it tight enough, then you can just cut off as much as
you need for each tortilla as you need it, and the rest will stay moist
inside the tube.

I'm in Canada, and I got my tortilla press at Golda's Kitchen
(www.goldaskitchen.com), which is in Canada.  I'm pretty sure they have
regular tortilla presses also.  If not, just email them and ask.  Everytime
I've asked about something not listed they've told me that they can get it
and given me a list of prices.

thanx,
dave.
*8-o