Re: bread storage

"Anita" <anita@ncwebsurfer.com>
Sat, 7 Sep 2002 20:14:58 -0700
v102.n041.12
Ed Okie asked:
"Anyone have a "secret method" for storing bread, to retain crust crispness?"

We live in No. California foothills where the air is probably drier, but I
have wrapped my leftover bread in a paper bag for years, and the crust will
stay harder, longer.  There is also a cellophane bag that has tiny holes
throughout, that some french breads in our area come packaged in and they
seem to do about the same thing. Personally, I wait until the next morning
and freeze anything that we are not going to eat that day. The bread coming
out of the freezer should be warmed a bit (not long) before consuming.
Guess you have to give up one thing to gain another.

Anita Flanigan