Ice cubes in the oven

Nifcon@aol.com
Mon, 2 Sep 2002 16:21:22 EDT
v102.n039.10
Richard wrote

 > I am wondering if anyone has tried tossing 1 or 2 ice cubes into the oven
 > instead of placing a pan of water in the oven or trying to open the door
 > wide enough to spray

I've  done it once with a fully heated oven and ice-cubes from the freezer
and the cracking, explosions and sounds of metal undergoing violent thermal
cycling convinced me that the idea was a little dubious. What's more, the
ice evaporated relatively slowly compared to the boiling water I normally
use so I didn't get the blast of steam that I wanted.

Basically, it won't do your oven any good and it doesn't work.

John