Re: Hearthkit

"P. McCracken & N. Sims" <mcsims@whidbey.net>
Sat, 06 Jul 2002 13:43:15 -0700
v102.n030.12
Hi, Pat,

I have had the same experience as you. Another problem I've noticed is that
it cuts down a bit on the overall useful size of the oven, so I have to
adjust my dishes accordingly.

I've also had the same thought as you: should I remove it to cook things
other than bread? I haven't yet, since that would present the old storage
question, so I set up everything I cook up there's no chance of spilling or
dripping on the HearthKit floor, since that could affect the success of
future breads placed directly on the brick.

I've tried using parchment paper on the stone, but that hasn't been very
acceptable, as the breads always seem to steam a little underneath instead
of crisping and browning.

Having said all that, I still love my HearthKit and, so far, I'm willing to
accept these inconveniences for the joy it brings to my breadbaking.

Anyone else have any thoughts?

portia on whidbey